Congratulations, New Licensed Overseas Filipino Working Professionals in the Middle East!
A total of 338 OFWs passed the Special Professional Licensure Exam (SPLE) conducted by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) last August 2019 in various testing centers in the Middle East.
- 61 new Civil Engineers (out of 313 takers)
- 32 new Electrical Engineers (out of 177 takers)
- 30 new Mechanical Engineers (out of 121 takers)
- 6 new Chemical Engineers (out of 10 takers)
- 4 new Geodetic Engineers (out of 20 takers)
- 46 new Environmental Planners (out of 140 takers)
- 119 new Master Plumbers (out of 197 takers)
- 13 new Radiologic Technologists (out of 51 takers)
- 10 new Psychometricians (out of 30 takers)
- 6 new Midwives (out of 21 takers)
- 5 new Veterinarians (out of 21 takers)
- 4 new Plant Mechanics (out of 9 takers)
- 2 new X-Ray Technologists (out of 11 takers)
The PRC in cooperation with the Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) – Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) as well as the embassies and consulate missions in various countries in the Middle East conducted the SPLE for qualified but unlicensed overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) on August 12, 13 and 14, 2019.
The exams were administered in the following testing centers: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates; Al-Khobar, Jeddah and Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia; Manama, Bahrain; Doha, Qatar, and in Al Ahmadi, Kuwait.
The PRC also recently released the board passers of the licensure exams for Electrical Engineers which Cebu and Bicol universities and the UST topped, and the Forester exams topped by University of the Philippines Los Banos.
The professions covered by the SPLE include the following: Architecture, Accountancy, Dentistry, Education, Electronics Technician, Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Electronics, Geodetic, Mechanical), Environmental Planning, Master Electrician, Master Plumber, Midwives, Nurses, Radiologic Technology, Therapy (Occupational, Physical, Respiratory), Veterinary Medicine, and X-ray Technology.
The PRC has been conducting an annual SPLE since 1997 to ensure that OFWs can take exams without going back to the Philippines. The revised implementing guidelines under the PRC Resolution No. 2011-627 which allowed easier submission of overseas application has led to more and more OFWs taking the onsite exams.
To know more about the full list of passers, visit the official website of PRC link here.
SEND congratulations in the comments below for our newly-licensed OFW professionals in the Middle East!
Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, new story notifications and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.