University of the Philippines Diliman (UPD) registered a 100% passing rate and dominated the topnotchers of the September Licensure Examination for librarians conducted by the Professional Regulation Commission (PRC).
UP Diliman ranked first among the top-performing schools with all 36 of its examinees from the School of Library and Information Studies (SLIS) passing the board exams.
UP graduates dominated the topnotchers with 6 examinees in the Top 10 board-passers.
The Librarian topnotchers from UP are:
- Gerard Paul Sto. Domingo Pascual, 5th place (88.85%)
- Samuel Macalanda Pepito, 6th place (88.8%)
- Princess Anne Diminisil Balajadia, 7th place (88.70%)
- Fe Karen Musni Lamorena, 7th place (88.70%)
- Lady Charm Pascua Balisnomo, 8th place (88.40%)
- Jasmine Guhit Martinez, 9th place (88.30%)
A UPD report about the latest PRC results notes that UPD averages a passing rate of 98.64 percent since 2009. SLIS graduates also consistently place in the top 10, with the most number of placements in 2015 (7 spots).
Of the 1,024 who took the exams, only 565 passed. Examinations were administered in the cities of Manila, Baguio, Cagayan De Oro, Cebu, Davao, Iloilo, Legazpi, Tacloban and Tuguegarao.
The top performing schools in the September Licensure Examination for Librarians are:
- University of the Philippines Diliman
- Benguet State University La Trinidad
- University of Santo Tomas
UP has also recently dominated the PRC exams for foresters with graduates of UP Los Baños taking the first two placers and registering a 99.32% passing rate for its graduates from the College of Forestry and Natural Resources.
SEND congratulations in the comments below to UP Diliman graduates for dominating the PRC Top board passers!
Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, new story notifications and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.