The biggest All-Filipino book fair, “AKLATAN” is going virtual this year to promote local literature and support writers and publishers in the country.
Organized by the Book Development Association of the Philippines (BDAP), the much-awaited event of the year for Pinoy readers everywhere returns online for the second time to bring the book fair experience we know and love straight to the comfort and safety of our own homes.
The online book fair will run from June 19 to 21, 2021, on the e-commerce platform Shopee.
“The much-awaited All-Filipino Book Fair is back! Find your favorites and discover new ones in Aklatan on Shopee from June 19-21, 2021. The best of local literature from over 30 publishers at big discounts,” announced Aklatan on its Facebook page.
AKLATAN, the largest all-Filipino book fair, will be joined by more than 30 book publishers and sellers in one online marketplace.
Here is the list of publishers joining this year’s edition of the All-Filipino online book fair:
- 19th Avenida Publishing
- ABC Educational Development Center Children’s Books
- Abiva Publishing
- ABS-CBN Books
- Adarna House, Inc.
- Anvil Publishing
- Ateneo De Manila University Press
- Bookware Publishing Corp (Duyan Books)
- Central Books Supply, Inc.
- Christian Literature Crusade
- Church Strengthening Mnistry, Inc.
- De La Salle University Publishing House
- Feast Books (Shepherd’s Voice Publications)
- Far Eastern University Publications
- Kasingkasing Press
- Kawangis Komiks
- KOMIKET, INC
- Milflores Publishing
- National Bookstore, Inc.
- New Day Publishers
- OMF Literature, Inc.
- Precious Pages Corp.
- Psicom Publishing, Inc.
- REX Bookstore, Inc.
- San Anselmo Publications
- Savage Mind: Arts, Books & Cinema (Savage Mind Bookshop)
- St. Matthew’s Publishing / Kahel Press
- Summit Media (Summit Publishing Co., Inc.)
- Tahanan Books c/o MRAS Book Trading
- University of Santo Tomas Publishing House
- University of the Philippines Press
- Vibal Group, Inc.
- Wiseman’s Books Trading, Inc.
- Learning is Fun (WS Pacific Publications)
The first-ever online all-Filipino book fair was organized by BDAP to help create opportunities for the local publishing industry following the impact of the global pandemic.
Last year’s AKLATAN sold 27,493 books, with Ateneo de Manila University Press topping the online book fair and marking a milestone in the introduction of a new entry in the Lazada list of top-performing categories—local history books.
SHARE this article to let your friends know that the biggest All-Filipino book fair “AKLATAN” is going virtual this year to promote local literature and support writers and publishers in the country.
Good News Pilipinas is celebrating its 15th Anniversary in 2021 by giving away prizes! Subscribe to our Good News Pilipinas! TV YouTube channel and enter the raffle by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org