Cadet First Class Gemalyn Deocares Sugui is making history as the 6th female officer to lead a Philippine Military Academy (PMA) graduating class since women were accepted in 1993.
The daughter of a farmer and public school teacher in Echague, Isabela will lead the 196 graduates of the PMA “Masidlawin” Class of 2020 in ceremonies on Friday, May 22, 2020, at Fort Del Pilar’s Borromeo Field in Baguio City.
Gemalyn Sugui will also receive the following 8 awards:
- Presidential Saber
- Achievement Award for Academic Excellence
- JUSMAG Award
- Philippine Army Saber
- Spanish Armed Forces Award
- Social Sciences Plaque
- Management Plaque
- Rule of Law Award
However, Sugui’s achievement will be without the usual celebration as the ceremonies will be held in private without the graduates’ families as the Philippines undergoes different levels of community quarantine to stop the spread of coronavirus disease. The PMA social media will instead stream the graduation rites live in this link.
The 25-year-old Sugui will be one of the 100 graduates who will join the Philippine Army, while 45 graduates will join the Philippine Air Force, and 51 will join the Philippine Navy.
Here are the Top 10 of the PMA Class of 2020:
- Gemalyn Sugui of Echague, Isabela
- Jade Villanueva of Tacloban City
- Jefferson Salazar of Zamboanga City
- Rojes Gaile Jamandre of Lamut, Ifugao
- Jeb Bay-an of Kabayan, Benguet
- Catabay Ladyong of Tabuk, Kalinga-apayao
- Vanelyn Angel Tabao of Tuguegarao City
- June Giel Anne Factor of Ilocos Norte
- Rubenson Abgao of Baroy, Lanao Del Norte
- Dencel Aina Bayaca of Pampanga
SEND CONGRATULATIONS in the comments below to Cadet First Class Gemalyn Sugui of Isabela for topping the PMA Class of 2020.
Want to know how to be a Proud Pinoy? Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com, and our socials Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, for new story notifications, and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.