The Philippines’ iACADEMY recently won an international award from the United Kingdom-based publications company Global Brands along with other top-tier schools including Harvard, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and Nanyang Technological University.
Recognized as the Most Innovative Education Provider, the Makati-based school bested other international schools across the world, the only Philippine school recognized in the 7th edition of the Global Brands Awards.
Among its innovations in education are the following:
- At the onset of the COVID 19 pandemic, iAcademy adapted to the challenges of flexible remote learning, and immediately implemented its Guided Online Autonomous Learning (GOAL)
- executed out-of-the-box teaching strategies and innovative learning materials including the Green Screen Technology that simulates onsite learning and allows professors to be creative in delivering their classes via online platforms
- iACADEMY also partnered with Coursera, the world’s no.1 platform for online learning, to provide its students free access to over 3,800 cutting-edge courses, taught by instructions from over 200 leading universities and companies like Stanford University, Imperial College London, Google, IBM and Unity.
- The school has also been chosen by the Alibaba Business School to implement the Alibaba Global Digital Talent Program that aims to promote an inclusive digital economy by informing and enabling students about the potential of digital platforms in transforming lives through theoretical teaching and output-based learning. This program will soon be injected into their business courses.
- During the nationwide lockdown, the school managed to provide part-time work from home gigs for its students in collaboration with their partner companies that allows its students to earn some extra money while stuck at home.
- For its incoming students, iACADEMY offered free online workshops on topics including animation, app development, fashion design, among others.
- Series of webinars were spearheaded that not only catered to its current students but also to parents to brief them about flexible remote learning, and ensure mental health support for students during a pandemic through its free online medical and guidance counseling.
- As a service to the community, iACADEMY developed MAZE, the Philippines’ first social distancing app that helps users plan their errands by reporting an area’s crowd density.
- The school has also shared its expertise in software engineering and development by partnering with the Department of Tourism in making an augmented reality application that houses a treasure chest of visuals and information about Intramuros, the famed walled city of Manila. This technology can be used to promote sustainable tourism and boost the Philippines’ tourism efforts
Vanessa Tanco, iACADEMY’s President and CEO, shares that the recent recognition from Global Brands Awards is a testament to the dedication, hard work, and commitment of the whole iACADEMY community.
“This award is a concerted effort of everyone who has been part of our efforts and initiatives that make our school truly game-changing. We thank each and everyone who pushed us to work harder and better to provide only quality education for our students through the use of modern technology and innovation,” Tanco said in a press statement.
Founded in 2002, iACADEMY has pioneered specialized programs that are technology-focused, innovative, and industry-relevant. Its programs in Computing, Business, and Design were developed to address the mismatch between graduates of academic institutions and the actual needs of the industry.
“Over the years, we are proud to say that we have ‘walked the talk’ and we continue to help our students, parents, and the community in any way we can by sharing what we do best. This recognition as the Most Innovative Education Provider will further inspire us to be more, to do more,” Tanco underscored.
Philippine education shifted to new modes of learning including various online platforms such as Coursera, radio and television broadcasts amid the COVID-19 pandemic that has restricted regular classroom sessions.
SEND CONGRATULATIONS in the comments below to the Philippines’ iACADEMY for winning the Global Brands Award in the United Kingdom.
Want to know how to be a Proud Pinoy? Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com, and our socials Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, for new good story notifications and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories