The Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino (PPP) recently revealed its 2020 winners with Glenn Barit’s anthology film ‘Cleaners’ in the lead with six awards won out of 10 nominations.
The 4th PPP which went online this year due to Covid 19 restrictions, showcased over 100 all-Filipino films that vied for the 18 awards of the festival. The film festival concluded via a virtual awarding ceremony on December 12, 2020.
The Film Development Council of the Philippines’ (FDCP) week-long celebration of Filipino films was dominated by ‘Cleaners’ – an absurd coming-of-age anthology film about high school classroom cleaners of a catholic school in Tuguegarao City set in 2008.
Cleaners dominated the awards with 6 wins:
- Best Picture
- Best Director for Glenn Barit
- Best Supporting Actress for Gianne Rivera
- Special Citation for Ensemble Performance for Leomar Baloran, Julian Narag, and Carlo Mejia
- Best Production Design for Alvin Francisco
- Best Musical Score for Glenn Barit
The second top-ranking film was Jason Paul Laxamana’s “He Who Is Without Sin” which took home 4 awards namely Special Jury Prize for Performance in a Lead Role for Elijah Canlas, Best Screenplay for Laxamana, Best Cinematography for Emmanuel Liwanag, and Audience Choice Award for Feature Film Category.
Here is the complete list of 4th PPP winners:
- Best Picture – Cleaners
- Best Director – Glenn Barit (Cleaners)
- Best Supporting Actress – Gianne Rivera (Cleaners)
- Special Citation for Ensemble Performance – Leomar Baloran, Julian Narag and Carlo Mejia (Cleaners)
- Best Production Design – Alvin Francisco (Cleaners)
- Best Musical Score – Glenn Barit (Cleaners)
- Special Jury Prize for Performance in A Lead Role – Elijah Canlas (He Who is Without Sin)
- Best Screenplay – Jason Paul Laxamana (He Who is Without Sin)
- Best Cinematography – Emmanuel Liwanag (He Who is Without Sin)
- Audience Choice Award for Feature Film Category – He Who is Without Sin by Jason Paul Laxamana
- Best Actor – Gold Azeron (Metamorphosis)
- Special Jury Prize for Film – Metamorphosis
- Best Supporting Actor – Henyo Ehem (The Highest Peak)
- Best Sound Design – Arbi Barbarona (The Highest Peak)
- Best Editing – Lawrence Fajardo (Kintsugi)
- Best Actress – Hana Kino (Come On, Irene)
- Audience Choice Award for Cinemarya Short Film Category- Night Shift by Mariel Ong
10 Filipino movies will also be screened at the 1st digital Metro Manila Film Festival this December.
SEND CONGRATULATIONS in the comments below to all the winners of the 4th Pista ng Pelikulang Pilipino!
Want to know how to be a Proud Pinoy? Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com, and our socials Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, for new good story notifications and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories