Do you know of someone who doesn’t seem to have a conscience at all?
I’m not just referring to criminals, but to those who hurt the feelings of others and don’t feel any regret or remorse.
Like what, Chinkee?
– You treated them well and gave in to what they want, but they still fool you.
– You showed them nothing but kindness and sincerity, but when they don’t get what they want from you, they turn on you as if you’re the bad guy.
– You were good to them but they still have the nerve to spread false stories about you and manipulate you.
In this world that we move in, it seems like there are so many of us who have experienced these things. And oftentimes, the offender is the person we least expect to do something bad to us.
Why are there people who do not have a conscience?
These people only think of themselves, and have no second thoughts for the feelings of others.
Their agenda is self-satisfaction, so they will do anything just to have what they want, even if it means stepping on other people’s toes.
These are those who have done some bad things in their past, but were not given the hard consequences. Perhaps the people they offended before just let the offense pass, so they really didn’t learn their lesson and have no qualms about doing it over and over again.
– For stealing and lying to their parents: they were only reprimanded.
– For not paying a debt to a friend: they were just ignored for a week, and then all was water under the bridge.
– For having an affair with someone else: they just said sorry, then go back to routine.
And speaking of consequences…
THEY’RE NOT THINKING LONG TERM
They only see the consequences ‘at the moment’. These people rationalize that “I will be forgiven anyway”. However, they fail to think about what will happen as they continue to hurt and offend the people around them. They fail to realize that there will come a time when the people who they continue to hurt will eventually give up on them, and they will find themselves alone, with no one to turn to.
ANG SALITANG ‘SORRY’ AY BALEWALA
The word ‘sorry’ had no meaning. They don’t fully understand what it means to ask for forgiveness.
For them, it’s just an ordinary word. They don’t know that when we say ‘I’m sorry”, it means that we are going to do everything we can not to hurt that person again.
THINK. REFLECT. APPLY.
Do you know of someone who doesn’t have a conscience?
Why do you think he or she is like that?
Instead of letting it bother you, try to be understanding.
Please follow me also at my VIBER PUBLIC CHAT GROUP search chinkee tan, for more news and encouragements.