If there is one thing that a person should constantly do during his life, this would be to grow and develop into a much better person.
Growth and development not only help you become better at your job, they also let you feel more fulfilled with your life. Don’t you want to feel that you’re more than just a speck of dust in the universe, but someone that a lot of people look up to?
Here are some ideas for personal growth.
- Be practical. You may have the millions to spend, but remember that nothing is permanent in this world. Anything can happen in a snap. Be more careful in spending your hard-earned money. Instead of just keeping it in a bank, invest your money and let it grow.
- Take on new challenges. What makes you a better person is knowing that you are able to do things that you used to avoid. Take pride when you overcome difficulties. Instead of feeling down when you fail, toughen up and try again.
- Give your 100 percent. Sometimes we need to keep something for ourselves as a protection. However, giving 100 percent to things that are important can truly make a difference. Your 100 percent attention to both your work and family life may not be that easy but managing your time wisely can do the trick.
- Take pride in what you do. A man who came from nothing but was able to work his way up is something that you do not often see these days. Be proud of achieving the things that you once dreamed of and let others be inspired.
- Nurture your mind. There is nothing more satisfying than being able to know so many things. You should read during your spare time. This allows you to have a more open mind about the things that are happening around you.
- Value Others. Remember that you could not have done it alone. Your success in business also depends on the help of other people. You should always be thankful for whatever help others gave you. Learn to give back and help those who may need it.
- Never stop learning. Apart from reading, equip yourself with more knowledge about your business. There are webinars, seminars, and workshops which you can provide you with much information to help you manage your business.
- Embrace discipline. Follow a set of principles to guide you on managing your life and business. Create a set of rules which will benefit you and others as well.
- Look for a mentor. Seek someone who can provide you with valuable information that can help you answer the questions you have in mind but will also allow you to figure out things on your own.
- Be creative. Make your workplace a place that people will always be excited to go to in the morning. Treat your employees well so that they remain your allies in sustaining the business.
- Focus on your strengths. We all have our weaknesses, but instead of putting so much time changing all that, it is better to spend time building on your strengths.
- Surround yourself with like-minded people. If you are with people that have the same ideals as you, it is likely that you can come up with great solutions to problems and formulate creative ideas that can help your business. Being with people who often negate your ideas is not healthy, although having a few doses of it can actually help you create something out of the ordinary. Seek people who have the same vision as you and get all of your minds work on how to make the magic happen.
Being busy with work is not an excuse for not improving yourself.
Get The Business Mentor’s latest book “35 Tips On Business” available on E-book and paperback at www.amazon.com
(Armando Bartolome is known as the Philippines’ Franchise Guru, a mentor to numerous micro entrepreneurs who are now themselves big names in the industry. This article is reposted with the author’s permission and was previously published on The Business Mentor column posted by ABSCBN News. For questions and more information, you may contact Armando “Butz” Bartolome by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @philfranguru. His website is https://www.gmbmsglobal.com/ )