The Department of Tourism (DOT) and Globe Telecom are working together to promote tourism through digital innovation.
The DOT and Globe partnership kicked off with a series of events in September, headlined by a new tourism video that showcases the use of digital tools to capture Philippine travel moments.
The digital video “It’s More Fun LIVE in the Philippines” was released on September 15, ahead of the Globe Siargao Sustainability Week during celebrations for the Philippine Tourism Week and World Tourism Day.
The 50-second tourism video shows travelers enjoying the sun and sea, forests and mountains, food and culture, and night spots in the Philippines set amidst the warm welcome and hospitality of Filipinos.
The Globe held the Siargao Sustainability Week showcased the beautiful island of Siargao, also known as the surfing mecca of the Philippines, as its first tourism project focused on the four pillars of support that Globe committed to DOT towards inclusivity, excellence, digital innovation, and sustainability.
“We are excited to be working closely with DOT in promoting and transforming the tourism sector. Through this partnership, we hope to realize our vision of becoming an integral part of the best travel experience in the country. We want to be at the forefront of connectivity, digitalization, and sustainability through enhanced communications infrastructure, affordable digital tools and solutions for businesses, and environmental protection and conservation efforts,” said Ernest Cu, Globe President and CEO.
“It is the Department of Tourism’s thrust to promote and build the Philippine tourism industry and make it competitive globally and we warmly welcome Globe’s support for this undertaking. Through Globe’s expertise in digital technology and its commitment to sustainability, we are confident that we can work towards our common goal of promoting sustainable tourism and jumpstarting the digital transformation of the industry,” said Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat.
The Globe initiatives in Siargao to promote digital innovation in tourism include:
- three new cell sites in Pilar, General Luna, and Dapa to further enhance mobile coverage in Siargao and address connectivity requirements of tourists and businesses
- GoWiFi fast and secure public wifi service
- equipped Sayak Airport in Del Carmen, Siargao with free high-quality internet connection which travelers can easily access
- free Traveler SIM cards at the Sayak Airport to foreign visitors which they can bundle with load and GoSurf promos to enhance their Siargao experience
- GCash made available in select establishments in Siargao
- Globe myBusiness support for micro, small, and medium-sized local businesses in the tourism industry
- turn over to the Siargao Tourism Operators Association (STOA) of several e-Waste bins
- support to Siargao Beach Clean Up
- support to the Siargao Cloud 9 Surfing Cup
- Ecobooth for environmental awareness
- support to Nature Kids of Siargao
- partnership with Lokal Siargao, Bathala Land Tours and Bayatakan Farm Experience
WATCH the video here and SEND well wishes in the comments below to the DOT and Globe for working together towards digital innovation in tourism!
Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, new story notifications and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.