Filipino students have again displayed their excellence, this time in using the English language, and brought home 6 Golds, 8 Silvers, and 5 Bronze medals from the 10th Global Finals of SPEAK International Competition held in Kuala Lumpur.
The Philippine delegation, accompanied by Alfredo Orosco and Angeline Orosco, went up against students from China, Indonesia, and Malaysia.
The Philippine Board of Studies Foundation (PBOSF) revealed in a PIA report that the contest tested the students’ skills in listening, reading, and composition writing.
Here is the breakdown of the 19 medals for the Philippines:
1. Gregory Dy – Jubilee Christian Academy
2. Gianna Patricia Jimenez – San Beda College Alabang
3. Ambreinne Janne Fabila – St. Paul College Pasig
4. Syd Spencer Teo – Zamboanga Chong Hua High School
5. Rydel Ridley Lim – St. Stephen’s High School
6. Alexandra Louis Chan – Zamboanga Chong Hua High School
1. Mark Gomez Jr. – Trinity Christian School
2. Patricia Gaille Tiu – Iloilo Scholastic Academy
3. Jersey Jaclyn To – St. Stephen’s High School
4. Hans Emmanuel Vargas – Ateneo de Zamboanga University
5. Chantal Paige Vargas – Ateneo de Zamboanga University
6. Simone Abigail Chua – St. Stephen’s High School
7. Mehriell Ellice Ang – St. Jude Catholic School
8. Alessandro Leane Chan – Zamboanga Chong Hua High School
1. Adrian Zachary Liong – MGC New Life Christian Academy
2. Kohleen Rae Orpilla – Integrated Montessori Center
3. Maria Tajan – St. Paul College Pasig
4. Ivie Nyrelle Adiong – Saint Jude Catholic School
5. Raianna Amihan Carandang – Immaculate Heart of Mary College-Paranaque (MTG)
CHECK THIS OUT: Math students bring home 23 awards from Malaysia Olympiad
SEND congratulations in the comments below for our Filipino students, showing excellent skills in English on the global stage!
Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, new story notifications and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.