Broadway producer Jhett Tolentino’s bio-documentary, “Life Is What You Make It”, capped the year on a high note after notching a 10th win at the KinoDUEL International Film Festival held in Belarus.
The rags-to-riches story of the Grammy and Tony Awards-winning Filipino-American from the slums of Iloilo in central Philippines was given the KinoDUEL “Special prize for Inspiring Example and Love for Your Country”.
Tolentino’s bio-docu was screened during the KinoDUEL festival held in Minsk from November 22-24.
“Life Is What You Make It” had 9 previous wins from the following festivals:
- 2019 New Vision International Film Festival (Amsterdam The Netherlands)
- 2019 New Harvest Film Festival (Moscow, Russia)
- 2019 The European Independent Film Award (Germany)
- 2018 Mumbai Shorts International Film Festival (India)
- 2018 Australia Independent Film Festival
- 2018 San Jose International Film Awards (Costa Rica)
- 2018 South Film and Arts Academy Festival (Chile)
- 2018 9FilmFest (Thailand)
- 2018 Five Continents International Film Festival (Venezuela)
Jhett Tolentino shared to Good News Pilipinas his mission in going into filmmaking.
“Immigrant stories are universal. Mine is extra special because Filipinos go the extra mile. We go for lengths like nobody’s business. May this inspire more Pinoys to focus on their dreams and never let go until they happen,” the multi-awarded Tolentino said.
Jhett Tolentino also hinted that there are upcoming plans to make the film available to more audiences, including in the Philippines.
SEND congratulations to Jhett Tolentino and his Life is What You Make It team for their 10 international awards!
Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, new story notifications and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.