Filipino American star athlete Jordan Clarkson has won the 2020-21 Kia National Basketball Association (NBA) Sixth Man Award.
The 6-foot-5 Utah Jazz guard was awarded for his contributions in a reserve role, the NBA announced on May 25, 2021.
The award is Jordan Clarkson’s first Sixth Man honor, delivering the first win for the Utah Jazz club.
Clarkson reached the top of the ranking with 65 first-place votes worth 5 pts each), 25 second-place votes (worth 3 pts each), and 4 third-place votes(worth 1 pt each) for a total of 407 points from a global panel of 100 sportswriters and broadcasters.
Clarkson averaged over three 3-pointers per game, providing immediate offense off the bench. The hot-shooting guard averaged a career-high 18.4 points, 4.0 rebounds, and 2.5 assists in 26.7 minutes in the 2020-21 regular season, playing 68 of his 69 games off the bench.
Following are Jordan Clarkson’s career highlights cited by the NBA:
- scoring average as a reserve is the highest in the NBA
- career-high 208 three-pointers overall is 7th in the NBA among all players
- league-high 203 three-pointers are the 4th-highest single-season total off the bench in NBA history
- 89.6 free throw percentage is 9th in the NBA in this season
- recorded two games with at least 40 points – two of the five 40-point games off the bench in Jazz history
- recorded five games with at least 30 points off the bench
- recorded 23 games with at least 20 points off the bench
The 28-year-old Clarkson helped deliver an NBA-best 52-20 record for the Utah Jazz.
Here are the voting results for the 2020-21 Kia NBA Sixth Man Award, tabulated by the independent accounting firm of Ernst & Young LLP:
Jordan Clarkson had previously played for the Gilas Pilipinas National Basketball Team.
SEND CONGRATULATIONS in the comments below to Jordan Clarkson for winning the NBA Sixth Man of the Year award!
Good News Pilipinas is celebrating its 15th Anniversary in 2021 by giving away prizes! Subscribe to our Good News Pilipinas! TV YouTube channel and enter the raffle by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org