Filipino YouTube sensation Mikey Bustos has just released a video parody of the legendary Freddie Mercury and the songs of the Queen – and it has gone viral.
Mikey’s new YouTube video parody is titled “If Freddie Mercury Was Filipino.” The Pinoyboy is seen on the video dressed up as the Queen frontman Freddie Mercury singing lines about being Filipino and life in the Philippines.
The Good News Pilipinas Filipino Pride Advocate’s new video parody again highlighted the uniqueness of the Pinoy.
Queen’s best hits were transformed by Bustos into odes, ditties, laments, and celebration of Pinoy life in the Philippines.
Included in the 5-minute plus video are the following Queen songs:
- Bohemian Rhapsody first as a lament on electricity woes, then a celebration of Filipino dishes
- Another One Bites the Dust turned into a tribute about the ‘balut” duck embryo delicacy sold in the streets
- We Will Rock You into a courtship song with a cameo by RJ Garcia as lady love
- We Are The Champion as a ditty on cooking the Pinoy favorite pansit
- Radio Ga Ga presenting the Pinoy nilaga soup dish
- Somebody To Love sung with gusto while riding the iconic Pinoy jeepney
Bohemian Rhapsody ends the video with a reminder from Mikey Bustos:
“Remember we have the power, Philippines.
We are Filipino.”
The YouTube video post on the comedy channel of Mikey Bustos Videos on May 30 has now racked up over 360 thousand views. The video is now also on Facebook.
WATCH Mikey Bustos singing Queen then TELL US in the comments section below if you enjoyed the video as much as we did!
If you have a Filipino Pride story to share or you want us to cover, tag us on social media with #GoodNewsPilipinas
Like, Follow, Subscribe to GoodNewsPilipinas.com Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Good News Pilipinas! TV on YouTube, new story notifications and e-mail newsletters for updates on more Filipino Pride stories.